Soulpaths has moved to http://www.soulpathsthejourney.org
– same pages, same current content, but much more room to grow. Please come with us!!
July 27-29, 2012 Dance with Dragons!
A Weekend Exploration in the Creation Spirituality Tradition near Washington, D.C.
Co-hosts Evolve Chesapeake Creation Spirituality Community and the Creation Spirituality Communities network invited visionaries, activists, mystics, healers, artists, dreamers, community-builders, co-creators, and seekers of all paths to this radically inclusive Gathering!
When: Friday, July 27 – Saturday, July 28, 2012
Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of Rockville (UUCR), the MLK Memorial and Evolve Chesapeake
- Dynamic forums on spiritual community-building
- Sacred Art Activism, “Becoming Dragons”
- Evening Keynote by the Rev. Matthew Fox, PhD : “Creation Spirituality – Awakening Imagination for Transformation”
- Lecture by Matthew Fox on youth/elder action for social change
- Experiential journeys on the four paths of Creation Spirituality:
- Cosmic Celebration based on The Cosmic Mass (TCM)
- Morning visit to the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Feasting and Sacred Gathering at Evolve Chesapeake
On 5/13/11, I hosted Traditional African diviner Anthony (Mtuaswa) Johnson, a graduated student of Malidoma Some’s Indigenous African Spiritual Technologies program, offering a weekend of African Elemental Stone and Shell Divination sessions, preceded by a free talk on connecting with the Elemental Self and hearing the voices of the ancestors to find a new perspective for life today.
That weekend went so well, and yielded such tremendous benefits for its participants, that they clamored for AJ to return and offer his insights to more Baltimoreans. He will be returning…..but we don’t know when as yet! Links for registration, etc. are offered on the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150648748330246).
Spirituality Conversation Circles
This series is now finished and wrapped up with a summary at the Baltimore IONS Discussion Group meeting on June 13, 2011 at breathe books. For a full description of the event, see the Facebook page.
THANK YOU to all who came to the circles and helped to make them a deep, rich and provocative experience!
A 4-part series starting April 30, 6:30 p.m. near Catonsville, MD
This is a 4-part series of conversation circles/potlucks exploring how we experience the Divine (by whatever name or definition) outside a specifically “religious” context – i.e., outside of church, shul, mosque, sesshin, or whatever our formal practice may be. They are roughly based on the Vias Positiva, Negativa, Creativa and Transformativa of the Creation Spirituality tradition.
April 30 — What sorts of experiences lead you to feel oneness and connection with Spirit/the Divine (by whatever name)?
May 14 — When all the supports in your life fall away, what source of strength remains?
May 28 — Is there an activity in your life in which you feel yourself co-creating with the Divine? How do you experience that co-creation?
June 11 — Is there an issue in your life where you feel your inner wisdom/Spirit connection calls you to speak or work for change? How do you experience that call?
The discussion is radically inclusive and open to people of any or no faith. The goal is to find our points of connection as humans with a spiritual birthright that transcends the outward aspects of organized religion
MeDITATIVE DRUMMING CIRCLE
This workshop, offered for the first time on May 21, 2011 as part of the Ancient Rhythms Drumming Circle, used guided visualizations of the four paths of Creation Spirituality as they have shown up in your life, combined with drumming to release and/or integrate the energy of the participants’ experience.
What are your intentions for your life, love, work, the Earth? Come join us as we drum the energy of our intent out to the Universe in this spiritual circle facilitated by Phila Hoopes (who is seeking a co-facilitator!).
We drum in four rounds, with time between to vision our intentions:
- for healing, for those who could not be with us, or other loved ones
- for the short term (for example, for a callback about a job interview in the next couple of days).
- for the long term (for example, healing from separation or divorce to love again)
- for the issues that break our hearts – whether it’s protection and healing for the mountaintops of Appalachia, food, shelter, healing and clean water for the victims of earthquake, tsunami and radiation in Japan, a safe home for the family evicted down the block, or……………….
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL DIVINATION
A Free Talk followed by Personal Sessions
<p style=”padding-left:30px;”>On 5/13/11, I hosted Traditional African diviner Anthony (Mtuaswa) Johnson, a graduated student of Malidoma Some’s Indigenous African Spiritual Technologies program, as he offered a free talk on connecting with the Elemental Self and hearing the voices of the ancestors to find a new perspective for life today, by using African Elemental Stone and Shell Divination. The talk included a sample divination session with a participant/volunteer (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150648748330246), and was followed by a weekend of one-on-one personal divination sessions (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150648748330246).